World's Leading Bike Tech Updates Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
Boulder, CO, USA - February 21, 2013 - Lennard Zinn has updated his best-selling book Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, the world's most helpful and comprehensive guide to bicycle repair and maintenance. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat tire to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Zinn's clearly illustrated guide makes every bicycle repair and maintenance job easy for everyone. Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, 4th Ed. is now available in bookstores, bike shops, and online. To preview the book and see what's new, visit www.velopress.com.
Zinn's friendly step-by-step guide explains the tools needed and how to know when the job's done right. The two-color interior is easy to read-even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. More than 650 hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead cyclists through every bicycle repair task.
This smartly organized guide shows how to repair new and old bicycles from top to bottom. In 520 pages, Zinn's guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of bike maintenance and repair jobs:
* Basics: How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
* Emergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleur
* Easy shifting: How to clean, lube, and adjust shifters and cables for smooth shifting
* Wheels: How to install a new tire, change a cassette, true a wheel, replace broken spokes, build your own wheels
* Overhaul: How to repair pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks
* New tech: How to maintain 11-speed systems, electronic shifters, disc brakes, new bottom bracket formats
* Cyclocross: How to set up a 'cross bike for racing, select the right components, and make quick repairs
* Troubleshooting: How to figure out what's wrong with any bike and fix it
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at your side, you'll know how to keep your bicycle running smoothly for years.
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, 4th Ed.
The World's Best-Selling Bicycle Repair and Maintenance Guide
Paperback with 2-color interior. Charts, tables, and 650 illustrations throughout.
8 Î©" x 11", 520 pp., $24.95, 9781934030981
Lennard Zinn was a member of the U.S. national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for more than 50 years. A professional frame builder and bike designer, Lennard is also the technical writer for Velo magazine and hosts the popular Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His other books include Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn's Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner's Manual. He lives and works in Boulder, Colorado.
VeloPress publishes books for cyclists, triathletes, and runners that help beginners and committed athletes build fitness and achieve their goals. VeloPress celebrates the icons of endurance sports through history books, biographies, memoirs, and photography books. VeloPress is a division of Competitor Group, which publishes Velo, Triathlete, Inside Triathlon, and Competitor magazines and produces the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon series, TriRock triathlon series, and the Muddy Buddy adventure race series. For more information, please visit www.velopress.com.
Media, marketing, and sales contact: Dave Trendler, VeloPress, email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OfficialVeloPress | Follow us on Twitter @velopress