Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling guide to bicycle repair and maintenance.
From basic repairs like how to fix a flat tire to advanced overhauls of
drivetrains and brakes, Lennard Zinn’s clearly illustrated guide makes
every bicycle repair and maintenance job easy for everyone.
Lennard Zinn is the world’s leading expert on bike maintenance and
repair. His friendly step-by-step guide explains the tools you’ll need
and how to know you’ve done the job right. The book’s two-color interior
is easy to read—even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of
hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the right
level of detail to lead you through every bicycle repair task.
This smartly organized guide shows how to repair new and old bicycles
from top to bottom. In nearly 500 pages, Zinn’s guide includes simple
instructions for hundreds of bike maintenance and repair jobs:
- Basics: How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
- Emergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleur
- Easy shifting: How to adjust shifters, derailleurs, and cables for clean and smooth shifting
- Wheels: How to true a wheel, install a new tire, change a cassette, replace broken spokes, build your own wheels
- Overhauls: How to service and replace pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, bottom brackets
- New tech: How to maintain 11-speed systems, electronic and wireless shifters, disc brakes
- Cyclocross: How to set up a ‘cross bike for racing, select the right components, and make quick repairs
- Troubleshooting: How to figure out what’s wrong with any bike and fix it
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance makes bicycle
repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at
your side, you’ll know how to keep your bicycling running smoothly for
What’s New in Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, 5th Ed.:
- New tech covered in depth: through-axle forks, SRAM eTap wireless
shifting, second generation Shimano and Campagnolo electronic shifting,
direct-mount sidepull brakes, SRAM X-Sync 1×11 cyclocross systems,
tubular tire gluing tapes.
- New chapter on electronic shifting covers maintenance, service,
repair, and troubleshooting of all Shimano, SRAM, and Campagnolo
electronic shifting groups.
- New chapter on disc brakes covers maintenance, service, and repair of all hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- More than 700 comprehensive illustrations and exploded views.
- New troubleshooting charts
- New master guide to press-fit bottom brackets
- Also covered in the 5th edition: All derailleur shifting systems
(5-speed through 11-speed); all bottom bracket systems (cone-and-cup
through press-fit); all brake systems (including caliper, V-brake,
cantilever, and disc); all headset, stem, handlebar and fork systems;
wheelbuilding for all bikes including cyclocross and disc-brake wheels;
special sections on cyclocross throughout including troubleshooting,
maintenance, service, repair, and equipment selection; updated and
expanded torque tables; complete illustration index and complete subject
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance: The World’s Best-Selling Bicycle Repair and Maintenance Guide, 5th Ed.
Paperback. Two-color interior with tables and 700 illustrations throughout.
8 1/2″ x 11”, 488 pp., $26.95, 9781937715373
Click here to download the free PDF supplement that provides some material and procedures that were not able to fit into the 5th edition book.