More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
Direct mount chainrings for SRAM cranks with 8-bolt mounting replace your existing spider and chainring with one clean looking, lightweight, and stiff piece of machined billet.
- These direct mount chainrings will replace your existing chainring and spider or replace the direct mount chainring for SRAM AXS cranksets and other cranks that use the 8-bolt mounting. Most SRAM cranksets have traditionally used a 3-bolt mounting, but the 8-bolt mounting has always been used on the Quarq power meter cranks. Now some non-power meter cranks like SRAM AXS use the 8-bolt mounting.
- All SRAM Direct Mount DUB road cranksets use the 8-bolt mounting standard. These cranksets use either 107 BCD or 94 BCD; any of those cranksets with a removable spider use the 8-bolt mount.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud-shedding abilit
- 6mm offset
- Chainline 45mm
Use Drop-Stop B for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd KMC, Connex, Wippermann, Campagnolo, SRAM Eagle, SRAM Road and Transmission (T-type) Flattop chains
- Recommend the use of a clutch-style rear derailleur for the best chain security
- Use the included custom T20 bolts. Torque 4Nm with T20 tool
Weight: 38T • 81g | 40T • 87g | 42T • 97g | 44T • 117g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Made in the USA